Barnsbury Buddies (Out of hours care)
Barnsbury Buddies is our 'out of hours care' facility providing a safe and caring environment for children before and after school and during the holidays. It has been extablished for many years and has a dedicated team of professionals caring for the children.
- Buddies Leader- Kara Hewitt
Our Aims at Barnsbury Buddies are to:
- create a safe, happy, warm and stimulating environment which provides good quality child care for children between the ages of 4 & 11
- to support the Values led education provided by the school encpouraging the children to show the 'Value' of the month
- to provide children with a home from home environment in which they can relax as they would at home
- provide quality childcare to Barnsbury Primary School children and other local schools during term-time and holidays
Opening hours and costs
|Breakfast Club:||7:30am – 8:45am (includes breakfast) £4.25 per child|
|8.00am - 8.45am (breakfast not included) £2.90 per child|
|After school:||3:00pm – 6:00pm £8.50 per child|
- Morning and evening sessions on the same day £12.00 per child
- Sibling discount £1.00 per session on after school sessions
Holidays & INSET days: 8:00am – 6:00pm £18.00 per child FULL day, £14.50 per child ANY 5 HOURS
Information for parents
- We are registered with Ofsted and managed by the Governors of Barnsbury Primary School, with a fully qualified manager responsible for day-to-day care.
- There are facilities for indoor and outdoor play plus board & computer games, craft, TV and video, reading corner, construction kits and many other activities.
Not Just Barnsbury!
- Barnsbury Buddies is open to all 4-11 year old children in need of out of hours care and we welcome children from any local school during the holiday period. Children from Hoe Bridge Prep School, Greenfields, St Andrews and other local schools use our facility.
Safe & Secure
- We escort children from Barnsbury Primary School only. Unfortunately we cannot offer an escort service from other schools at present
- Children are only allowed to be collected by a known person at the end of the session. Our registration form, which includes our terms and conditions asks for full details of the child’s carers, medical history, known allergies and emergency arrangements
- Our admissions policy outlines the procedure for accepting children at Buddies
- Buddies follows the school's behaviour expectations and policies. These are all designed to help you know that your child will be safe and secure with us
- All staff are first aid trained and hold relevant qualifications in childcare
- Open 48 weeks a year
- Closed two weeks at the end of August, Christmas to New Year week and May half term - see Buddies letters for further information regarding dates for current year.
- Bookings and payments must be made in advance and any cancelled sessions are chargeable unless required notice is given
- Last minute bookings always subject to availability
- We accept childcare vouchers
- Snacks are included in the fees: We offer a variety of snacks, fruit and drinks. Water is always available.
- You will need to provide your child with a packed lunch for holiday sessions.
- During holiday periods we also offer outings to the cinema, play frames, other venues, and other activities (some extra charges may apply).
Please contact Buddies on 01483 769047 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to make a booking.
OfSTED Registration No: 140540